Hospital Facility Management
Within healthcare, approximately 1/3 of all hospitals have negative operating margins; budgets are tight to say the least. Hospital administrators are looking to other areas to reduce waste and minimize costs, while striving not only to maintain, but to improve the patient experience. Add to that the complexities of new construction methods and materials and compliance with regulatory bodies, and you have a perfect opportunity and place for innovation.
Facility management (FM) offer for hospitals a chance to reduce costs and to increase quality, process sequences, employee motivation and customer satisfaction.We offering an integrated innovative approach to operating, maintaining, improving and adapting the buildings and infrastructure of an health organisation in order to create an environment that strongly supports the primary objectives of that organisation.
As a critical element in the successful delivery of medical care, development of the FM tools will raise the effectiveness of healthcare service delivery. FM should achieve zero defects to ensure the 24-hour operation of the hospital.
Partnering with company that specializes in managing facilities management as Aptuso can provide a number of benefits and savings opportunities that your hospital administrators may not even realize are on the table.
- Strong Expertise - historically, most facilities managers have reported directly to someone in the C-Suite. Since most hospital administrators don’t have training in areas of facilities management and plant operations, many facilities don’t receive sufficient checks and balances to ensure that they are best utilizing all the cost savings opportunities available to them. Effective Integrated Facilities Management providers, like our IFM service line, provide hospital leaders with extensive experience and insight into all areas of plant operations, including HVAC, building automation, construction, and more.
- Compliance - compliance is the key to the ongoing success of any IFM program, and should be a primary focus of any IFM provider. At Aptuso, we place paramount importance on compliance, and we pride ourselves on our ability to ensure our partner facilities are in a constant state of readiness to meet all customer needs. Aptuso is investing heavily into custom online management tools for nearly every aspect of facilities management compliance.
- Tools & Training - in addition to comprehensive initial training, on-site managers should be equipped with monthly training tools and extensive ongoing support to ensure that they stay up-to-date with the latest requirements and industry best practices. An experienced IFM provider will have robust internal tools and resources to facilitate and promote both the everyday responsibilities of the IFM team, as well as each individual team member’s ongoing development. We do that.
- Purchasing - the largest area where a qualified IFM provider and program can show tangible benefit to a hospital is through reduction in the spend category called Purchased Services. Aptuso works through national and local contracts to drive down prices when hiring vendors for all areas needing outside expertise or labor; ground maintenance, pest control, HVAC maintenance, safety inspections, testing and certifications, and more.
- 24/7/365 Support - facility emergencies can happen at any time, and in order to ensure constant readiness and the ability to react quickly when emergencies occur, it is imperative that facilities management systems are in place to handle the weight of that responsibility. Aptuso has the most innovative Support Services Call Center and technology available today. We can receive, log, resolve, and escalate, any work order request from a call, voicemail, email, social media post, online forum, or chat, and automatically turn that request into a work order even when all lines are busy. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This can be hard to accomplish with limited internal budgets, and is one of the most significant ways hiring an outside IFM specialist can benefit a hospital.
Estate management support services
- Property management Property maintenance Design
- Building services
Environmental management support services
- Health and safety
- Pollution control
- Fire precautions
- Waste management